Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is the third installment in the Ant-Man franchise, and it’s already generating a lot of buzz among fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The film is set to bring back Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man, Evangeline Lilly as Hope Van Dyne/The Wasp, and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym, as well as introduce a new villain in Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror. Here are some reasons why fans should be excited about this upcoming film.
- Return to the Quantum Realm The Quantum Realm was first introduced in the first Ant-Man film and was further explored in the sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp. This mysterious dimension is where time and space behave differently, and it’s become a significant part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. With Quantumania, we’ll be returning to this fascinating and unexplored realm, which could potentially hold the key to many new storylines and characters.
- New Villain: Kang the Conqueror Jonathan Majors will be joining the MCU as Kang the Conqueror, a time-traveling villain who’s known for causing chaos and destruction wherever he goes. In the comics, Kang is a significant foe for the Avengers and has been a part of many key storylines. With Majors playing this character, fans can expect a compelling and nuanced performance, as he’s already proven his acting skills in the hit HBO series Lovecraft Country.
- Expansion of the Ant-Man Universe Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is expected to introduce new characters and concepts that will expand the Ant-Man universe further. This could include more exploration of the Quantum Realm, the introduction of new super-powered characters, and even more comic book Easter eggs that fans love to discover.
- The Return of Familiar Faces The third Ant-Man film is also set to bring back familiar faces from the previous movies. Michael Douglas will reprise his role as Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man, while Michelle Pfeiffer will return as Janet Van Dyne, the original Wasp. Fans can look forward to seeing more of these two characters, who have been pivotal in the Ant-Man franchise’s storyline.
- Director Peyton Reed’s Return Peyton Reed, who directed the first two Ant-Man films, is back to direct Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Fans can expect him to bring his signature style and humor to the film, as well as continue the storylines that he helped establish in the previous movies.