Top 10 must watch Bollywood movies for beginners
Bollywood movies are known for their vibrant colors, stunning choreography, and engaging storylines. If you’re new to the world of Hindi cinema, there are many great films to choose from that can introduce you to the genre. In this article, we’ll take a look at the top 10 must-watch Bollywood movies for beginners.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) Directed by Aditya Chopra, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge is a classic romantic movie that has captured the hearts of audiences for more than two decades. It stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in the lead roles and tells the story of two young lovers who must overcome cultural differences to be together.
- Lagaan (2001) Directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, Lagaan is a historical drama set in the late 19th century during the British Raj. It follows the story of a group of Indian villagers who are forced to play a game of cricket against their British rulers to avoid paying a crippling tax. The movie stars Aamir Khan in the lead role and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) Directed by Karan Johar, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham is a family drama that explores the relationships between family members. The film stars an ensemble cast including Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Hrithik Roshan, and Kareena Kapoor.
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) Also directed by Karan Johar, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai is a romantic drama that tells the story of two best friends who fall in love with each other. The movie stars Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, and Rani Mukherjee in the lead roles.
- Sholay (1975) Directed by Ramesh Sippy, Sholay is a classic Bollywood movie that has achieved cult status. It is an action-adventure film that follows two criminals hired to capture a notorious bandit named Gabbar Singh. The movie stars Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, and Hema Malini in the lead roles.
- Dil Chahta Hai (2001) Directed by Farhan Akhtar, Dil Chahta Hai is a coming-of-age film that explores the lives of three friends as they navigate their way through love, friendship, and growing up. The movie stars Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Akshaye Khanna in the lead roles.
- Devdas (2002) Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Devdas is a tragic love story that tells the tale of a wealthy young man who becomes self-destructive after the woman he loves is forced to marry someone else. The movie stars Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai, and Madhuri Dixit in the lead roles.
- Mother India (1957) Directed by Mehboob Khan, Mother India is a classic Hindi film that tells the story of a poor woman who must raise her children on her own after her husband dies. The movie stars Nargis in the lead role and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
- Black (2005) Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Black is a drama film that explores the relationship between a deaf-blind girl and her teacher. The movie stars Amitabh Bachchan and Rani Mukherjee in the lead roles.
- Taare Zameen Par (2007) Directed by Aamir Khan, Taare Zameen Par is a heartwarming film that explores the struggles of a young boy with dyslexia and the efforts of his teacher to help him overcome his challenges. The movie stars Darsheel Safary and Aamir Khan in the lead roles.These 10 Bollywood movies offer a great introduction to the world of Hindi cinema, with a variety of genres and themes represented. Whether you’re looking for a classic romance, a thrilling action-adventure, or a heartwarming drama, there’s something for everyone in this list.So grab some popcorn, settle in, and prepare to be entertained by the vibrant and captivating world of Bollywood cinema.