DNV GeniE Direct Download Link 8.7-01 x64
DNV GeniE is a conceptual modeling software for marine and offshore structures published by Det Norske Veritas Group. GeniE is a modeling and analysis tool based on the finite element method, and among its most important features, we can mention very high flexibility, productivity and creativity in the design of offshore structures. This software can be used to design different parts of a structure such as beams, plates, shells and reinforced ceilings, etc. In addition to static modeling of the structure, load modeling is also important in the design of such structures. This part of the software can help us in modeling equipment, pressure and load of wind currents, load of compartments in floating structures, etc.
The conceptual models designed in this software can be edited and quality checked at each design stage. This software is offered in a modular form and Wajac and Sestra can be mentioned among its most important functional modules. These modules are available through the user interface of the software and can calculate the impact of environmental loads such as sea waves, buoyancy force, wind, etc. and perform finite element analysis tests.
Table of Contents
DNV GeniE Features:
- Conceptual design of beams, plates and curved surfaces
- Automatic creation of enclosed chambers in the conceptual model in order to perform stability testing and hydrodynamic analysis
- Design of pipe joints based on API and NORSOK standards or user defined rules
- Calculation of wind pressure on various structural equipment and columns
DNV GeniE System Requirements
Sesam is supported on Windows 10 (64-bit).
Minimum hardware recommendation
This recommendation is for tasks like jacket, deck and topside design analyses including wave and pile-soil analysis. Hydrostatic analysis and smaller hydrodynamic analysis in frequency domain can also be done.
- Graphics card: Open GL or DX11 compatible. May be integrated with a processor (e.g. Intel HD).
- Memory: 8-16 GB
- Processor: Dual core, Intel I5 or equivalent 64-bit version of Windows operating system
- Storage: 250-500 GB
- Display: 17” supporting 1280×1024, alternatively laptop 15” supporting 1280×1024
Preferred hardware recommendation
This recommendation is for all types of Sesam analysis, also larger models of ships or similar structures with beam and shell elements.
- Graphics card: In general, a dedicated DX11-compatible GPU with at least 1 GB (preferably 2 GB or more) dedicated GPU RAM, especially for larger models
- Memory: 16-32 GB
- Processor: Quad core, Intel I7 or equivalent
- Storage: 500 GB – 1 TB
- Display: 24” supporting 1900×1200 (or -1080), alternatively laptop 17” supporting 1900×1200 (or – 1080)
By ‘graphics driver’ below is meant the system level software provided by your graphics card supplier (most likely Intel, NVIDIA or ATI) to interface between Windows and the GPU. This is supplied with your operating system or graphics card.
By ‘GeniE graphics driver’ below is meant the software used by GeniE to interface with the graphics driver defined above.
Use of DX11
DirectX 11.0 is the preferred GeniE graphics driver and it is the default on installation.
Use of DX9
GeniE will run on integrated Intel CPU/GPUs and on older GPUs using legacy driver.
Use of OpenGL
The GeniE OpenGL2 driver is a shader-based driver that is offered as an alternative should a user encounter problem with other drivers. It attempts to support all OpenGL 2.0+ hardware.
DNV GeniE Installation guide
Follow the instructions in Readme.txt file.
This version has been installed and successfully activated on 3 October 2023 in Windows 10 64-bit edition.